Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the right sized O-rings from the hardware store for less than 2 bucks.
    I got the wrong sized internal O-Ring from the dealer.
    It was too large in diameter for the internal groove in the exhaust fitting where the chambered pipe goes into the Monitor.
    The other larger O-Ring for the pipe that goes to the outside out okay.

I thought returning the expensively over-priced O-Rings back to the dealer but I just sucked it in and decided not to go back there anymore.
    They've definitely lost my business.
    A couple of months ago I purchased a used internal canister from them in anticipation of using that for testing purposes instead of the large external tank. I was slightly shell-shocked when they told me how much it was...$69.00 plus tax for a used tank!?!
    I nearly cried when I saw one on ebay for 19 dollars with free shipping!

I will NEVER buy anything from them again...sorry.
    The saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you - Fool me twice, shame on me".

Comment

was that place Mulharney's? if YES, its the same place the girl that answered the phone asked me why I wanted to clean the viewing window on my heater.

Comment

everyone thinks that the o ring for the back of the monitor is too big and it seems it but it usually is the correct size.

Comment

the o ring i have for the back of the monitor is approx.40mm id x 47 od it is challenging sometimes to get it in the groove but it is the correct size.
          it is possible that they gave you something totally different also, but the o ring spec for the rear of the unit is as above if that helps anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
            was that place Mulharney's? if YES, its the same place the girl that answered the phone asked me why I wanted to clean the viewing window on my heater.
            Yep...Mullarney's...stay away from there...lol
            They are really good at taking your hard earned cash.

BTW I still have those darn rings they gave me for 6 bucks.
            I'll go get them and give you some pics and measurements in a few minutes.

ADD>>> With a really bad camera (one good one is at home) I get 56/64" according
            to the caliper reading or 1-7/8" or 48mm?
            I could be getting my measurement wrong...lol
            Look at the difference in size!
            The black ones I bought at the hardware store fit inside of the red ones! lol
            The black ones fit perfectly!
            Last edited by Stayouttadabunker; 10-21-2011, 03:15 PM.

Comment

is that approx. 48mm on the od of the orange o ring ? if so that is the correct O ring for the back of the monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by dfitz3390 View Post
                is that approx. 48mm on the od of the orange o ring ? if so that is the correct O ring for the back of the monitor.
                Yes dfit,
                That is what I'm getting on the caliper readings.
                It's just an approximation as the caliper really
                likes to squeeze the ring very easily
                and I'm just guessing that the roundness is true - as I measure it.
                Last edited by Stayouttadabunker; 10-21-2011, 10:51 PM. Reason: I added a period to the end of one of my sentences... Must this forum software keep asking me that inane "reason" question?

Comment

Working...
                X
                =