Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lennox 80MGF doesn't flame

Hell all,
    I have an problem with my Lennox Furnace 80MGF and need help please. The fan is runing blowing, but there is no flame at all and the ignition doesn't turn on or red, Every time this unit turn on, I heard kick sound and run about 2 minutes then turn off. Please help.
    Thank you.
    Vince.

check to see if your cadmium sulphide cell - photo eye - lens is clean and directed at the area just between the spark gap. when the unit switches on and the pump starts, the ignition should already be sparking in order to ignite the fuel. if the gap is too wide the furnace will not fire up and the clicking you hear is the relay going into a lockout condition and everything shuts down until reset is pushed.

Comment

Lennox 80MGF doesn't flame

Originally posted by DCN01 View Post
      Hell all,
      I have an problem with my Lennox Furnace 80MGF and need help please. The fan is runing blowing, but there is no flame at all and the ignition doesn't turn on or red, Every time this unit turn on, I heard kick sound and run about 2 minutes then turn off. Please help.
      Thank you.
      Vince.
      I am assuming when you say fan, that you are talking about the inducer fan,
      right? I am assuming that when you say ignition doesn't turn on red that you are talking about a glow bar ignite r, Right?
      You will need to give me more info.
      On call for heat the inducer comes on first After 15 seconds to 30 seconds
      If the pressure switch is made the ignite r starts to glow for 15 or so seconds, then you have 5 or 6 seconds of gas valve opening.
      So if you hear this clicking sound right after the inducer starts than it could
      be the pressure switch making and breaking.
      Take off all small hoses from the pressure switch, Make sure they are clear, no cracks, and the port that they are fastened to are open. Check your stack
      and air intake to make sure they are not plugged..Answer these questions
      and check out what i have told you and get back with me. Remember one little crack in a hose can stop a Furnace. Also check your drain lines for a blockage. Paul

Comment

Working...
      X
      =