Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust O-ring sizes?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the two exhaust O-rings for a Monitor 422? I'd like to find a source other than the overpriced Monitor OEM parts.

It may be overkill but try harbor freight. they have O ring kits. I'm sure you can find something in their kits. They have sae and metric.

Comment

As best I can tell, these are standard #223 and #224 silicone (red) O-rings, in which case McMaster-Carr sells 10-packs for less than the price of a single O-ring from Monitor. However, I was wondering if perhaps they're actually a metric size.

Comment

one of them I remember is a #222. I'm assuming everything else is metric because the thing is manufactured in Japan. Toyotomi and Rinnai heat are also from Japan.

Comment

the o rings you seek are a specific size and type. they are a JIS p series metric size. i would not supplement the oem o ring with something that appears to be the same. do your own research as they generally do not fit correctly, rated for the temperature or the specific fuel being used.

i searched for a source and found that it was not very cost effective to have one of the internet companies special order them for me as i had to meet minimum quanties and the prices were actually higher than the five bucks list price plus shipping.
          what kind of prices are you getting for the exhaust o rings if you dont mind me asking ?

Comment

Exhaust O-rings

Originally posted by dfitz3390 View Post
            the o rings you seek are a specific size and type. they are a JIS p series metric size. i would not supplement the oem o ring with something that appears to be the same. do your own research as they generally do not fit correctly, rated for the temperature or the specific fuel being used.
            What I've sourced is high-temp silicone, which is apparently the same material as the OEM part, as it's the only red O-ring material.

Correction:
            I've tested the #220 and #222 sizes of neoprene O-rings in the heater and they're a good snug fit, requiring lubrication of the joint pipe for assembly. It's too bad that neoprene won't resist the exhaust temps for long, as you can find them anywhere.

i searched for a source and found that it was not very cost effective to have one of the internet companies special order them for me as i had to meet minimum quanties and the prices were actually higher than the five bucks list price plus shipping.
            what kind of prices are you getting for the exhaust o rings if you dont mind me asking ?
            I searched for the OEM parts online and only found them on Ebay for $12 for the pair, which seems pretty insane for a pair of O-rings.

Correction:
            I ended up ordering both sizes from orings-online.com. Packs of 15 were less than $4.50 with $5.10 shipping.

McMaster Carr sells TEN-packs of silicone O-rings for around $4.00 and. Go to mcmastercarr dot com (it won't allow me to post a proper URL here) and search for "silicone O-rings".

Amazon has ten-packs for around double the price. Search for "#220 silicone O-ring" and "#222 silicone O-ring". They also have 2-packs for $.99, but the shipping is $7.50, so they're not as cost-effective, but still a lot cheaper than the OEM parts.
            Last edited by Bnystrom; 10-26-2011, 07:14 PM. Reason: Correct an error

Comment

Working...
            X
            =