Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 441 with a E01 code

Help my monitor 441 worked great when I turned it off last year. I went to turn it on yesterday and now all I get is code E01 and I can't find out what it means. It's plugged in and there is no noise as far as ignition at all. My father was the one who always took care of these things and he passed away. I can't even find anyone in my area that has even ever heard of these things or will even come out and look at it. The last thing I can afford right now is a new heating system.

Eo1

Monitor says, you had a flame in the burner pot when there should not have been one (unlikely) or the flame sensor is grounded. Soot or carbon could have gotten on the flame sensor and grounded it out. Moisture from the summer may have mixed with the soot and dried out causing the grounding. Remove the flame sensor and clean it off. Be prepared to replace the gasket. Give the stove a try. Be sure to look into the window for a flame. Not being able to see a flame could be caused by a dirty window. If you can not see a flame STOP and get help. Continuing could cause a flooded burner and you don’t want that.

Keep us posted,

Tom

Comment

Thank you for your help. I'm not sure what I did but I went outside and made sure everything was clean and ok looking then I came in took the front cover off.Cleaned the dust on the inside wiggles all the wires I saw and turned it on. Much to my surprise its working...at least for now. Who figures

Comment

Working...
      X
      =