Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 441 fuel pump bad?

My Monitor 441 just stopped working. I think I have narrowed it down to the fuel pump. I could not hear it running. I did a continuity check across the two terminals and do not get any continuity. Does this mean it is bad? If so, where can I a new pump.

M441 fuel pump

You should have 565 OHM’s across the blades on the pump. It is unusual to have the pump just go out, most of the time it is bad power of some sort. A surge or brown out can take the pump out easily. Very bad fuel can jam the pump and then there is no telling what will happen.

Use what ever search site you used to find this site and you will be able to find the Monitor Products Inc site. Use there dealer locator and find a wholesaler near your home. They won’t be able to sell you parts but they will give you a retail dealer that can help. Be ready for a $125 to $150 bill for the solenoid pump.

Stay warm,

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Oregon Yurtman View Post
      My Monitor 441 just stopped working. I think I have narrowed it down to the fuel pump. I could not hear it running. I did a continuity check across the two terminals and do not get any continuity. Does this mean it is bad? If so, where can I a new pump.

I have seen them get stuck. Before you go out and buy one take it out and peck the bottom of it with something don't hit it hard but peck on it.

Comment

pump

might be a little difficult to "peck at the bottom" because there is a stainless steel screen there about a quarter inch diameter. try shaking the pump. there's a movable sleeve inside that is magnetic. this is the thing that pulsates when the pump operates. I wouldn't advise taking it apart. If you do, take pictures each and every step along the way. one spacer in the wrong place will keep it from running. also, look at the terminals. there's a resistor connected to one spade terminal and a coil lead.

Comment

Working...
        X