Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor gf1800 heater

anyone using a gf1800 lp heater?...found a new one for $599....are they as temperamental as the kerosene ones?...

monitor lp or nat gas

no, they work very well. they have spark ignition and an electric valve for the propane [gas] I have a gf2400 for three years now. other than vacuum out the heat exchanger, needs no further maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by NEWHOPEFARMS View Post
      anyone using a gf1800 lp heater?...found a new one for $599....are they as temperamental as the kerosene ones?...
      Is this one of the gas units on ebay? There's also some great deals on ebay on used kerosene units for anyone close enough to pick them up, but the sellers aren't willing to ship. I saw a 2200 for $500 buy it now. and a 2400 for $550 buy it now. My 422 is nearly 17 years old and I wouldn't take $500 for it. Only thing I've done to it since new is replace the burn ring/burn mat for the first time last winter so it should be good for several years without any other maintenance.

Comment

yes...one in NC I can pick up...my Monitor 21 worked for 1 month and quit again...thought i would try a lp one this year...

Comment

thanks guys...I hope the LP version is as efficient as the kerosene ones...

Comment

Working...
          X
          =