Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room Temp Reading Incorrect. Heater Stays On.

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room Temp Reading Incorrect. Heater Stays On.

Brand new to the forum and it has already helped me plenty.
    My lift pump crapped out so I raised the fuel tanh and rerouted the fuel lines so My Monitor 441 would operate without the lift pump.
    After cleaning the fuel inlet screen and resetting the fuel shut off / lockout I got the heater to fire and run as normal. The problem I now have is this; the Temp setting is at 66 degrees and the room temp shows 60 degrees. It intitually was 54 degrees. It is now and has been indicating 60 degrees for a couple hours. The heater has been running non-stop and it is definitively over 60 degrees.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Lefty

P.S.
    Happy New Year!

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
    My lift pump crapped out so I raised the fuel tanh and rerouted the fuel lines so My Monitor 441 would operate without the lift pump.
    After cleaning the fuel inlet screen and resetting the fuel shut off / lockout I got the heater to fire and run as normal. The problem I now have is this; the Temp setting is at 66 degrees and the room temp shows 60 degrees. It intitually was 54 degrees. It is now and has been indicating 60 degrees for a couple hours. The heater has been running non-stop and it is definitively over 60 degrees.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Lefty

P.S.
    Happy New Year!
    Are you sure the thermistor isn't located in an area that may be getting a draft from a leaking window/door or located on a cold exterior wall? If there's no problem with cold air getting to the thermistor I'd suspect you need a new thermistor. I think I've read somewhere on this forum what the specs are for the thermistor, you could cut the old one off the wiring and splice in a new one.

Comment

I don't know from Thermister but nothing moved or changed position other than the fuel lines and fuel tank.
      Where is the thermister located and where can I get a new one?
      I have not had much luck in finding out things regarding this heater. This forum is the best source I've come across in many Google searches.
      Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone still have available the maintenance manual for the Moniter 441?
        And again thanks.

Comment

Does anyone still have available the maintenance manual for the Moniter 441?
          And again thanks.
          The thermistor is the little bulb on the wire that comes from the rear of the heater that detects the room temperature. If you can find out the specs for it you should be able to find and buy one from a supplier on the internet. I have the Monitor service manual in PDF format that I can send you if you'll either post your email address to this thread or send it to me through a PM.
          Last edited by FordMan59; 01-01-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

PM sent. 7 8 9 10.

Comment

thermister

a thermistor is a resistance device that changes its resistance to ambient temperature. radio shack won't carry one. mouser electronics or allied electronics would be the places to get one.
              It could also be called an RTD - resistance temperature device. they usually have three wires. the thermistor only has two.

Comment

PM sent. 7 8 9 10.
                Email sent.

Comment

Service Manual for Monitor 40

Originally posted by FordMan59 View Post
                  Email sent.
                  Hi, Does anybody have a service manual for the Monitor 40? could you, would you please share?

Moses

Comment

Any suggestions?
                    Thanks,
                    Lefty

P.S.
                    Happy New Year!
                    grab the end of it with two fingers and see if the temp. rises or stick it out the window to see if it falls. If it does it is working it is just the location where you have it. By holding the end of it between two fingers it will read up to 90 degrees if it is working.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =