Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M441 overhaul

There is nothing wrong with the fuel pump or the flame sensor. There should be a small black hose going to the air safety switch from the blower. If it’s not there the stove will not run. You should not run the stove forever with the air safety switch by passed. You can not run the stove with the flame sensor by pass unless you are watching the flame. You stated in the first post you cleaned the burner. You stated in the last post you cleaned the burner and fuel nozzle. At no time have you stated you replaced the burner mat and burner ring. What you need to do is pull the burner out of the chamber and clean all the carbon off the bottom and be sure all the holes are open. Install a new mat and burner ring. While you are at it clean the heat exchanger. The area under the outlet adapter will be full of carbon. Scrape it out with a bent screw driver. There will be a number of gaskets you need to have on hand to do a correct job. Get a rebuild kit off EBAY for your stove. Get hold of Fordman on this site and get a manual. It will show you a break down of the stove. Read all the posts you can find on this site for M41 and M441. They will give you enough info to get your overhaul done correctly. Tom

Comment

monitor

you mentioned something about syracuse or rochester.
      I'm located up off route 11B and route 458 - a place called Saint Regis Falls.
      syracuse is about 200 miles from me.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
        There is nothing wrong with the fuel pump or the flame sensor. There should be a small black hose going to the air safety switch from the blower. If it’s not there the stove will not run. You should not run the stove forever with the air safety switch by passed. You can not run the stove with the flame sensor by pass unless you are watching the flame. You stated in the first post you cleaned the burner. You stated in the last post you cleaned the burner and fuel nozzle. At no time have you stated you replaced the burner mat and burner ring. What you need to do is pull the burner out of the chamber and clean all the carbon off the bottom and be sure all the holes are open. Install a new mat and burner ring. While you are at it clean the heat exchanger. The area under the outlet adapter will be full of carbon. Scrape it out with a bent screw driver. There will be a number of gaskets you need to have on hand to do a correct job. Get a rebuild kit off EBAY for your stove. Get hold of Fordman on this site and get a manual. It will show you a break down of the stove. Read all the posts you can find on this site for M41 and M441. They will give you enough info to get your overhaul done correctly. Tom
        Thanks for the detailed response.

The burner mat was replaced the first time I opened up the stove.

The burner ring looks to be in good shape. It is clean and all of the holes are open. Both times I have had the burner pot open, the ring has looked good. It isn't warped, it hasn't been covered with soot and none of the holes have been plugged.

The black hose from the air safety switch is in place.

I have a *.pdf file of both the user manual and the service manual.

Comment

M441 bad flame

Fred,

I am having a hard time understanding your posts about your use of the by passes. Because it is very dangerous using the flame sensor by pass improperly, my suggestion is to take the heater to a service dealer and have it fixed. Tom

Comment

Working...
          X
          =