Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks,i do have a cap tester ,which i used, do some hvac calls,but for sure they sometimes just need one reguardless of checking good,i am going to try one...

Comment

i can get capacitor new,it looks the same 2.5uf but is 440vac..the one on heater is 220vac would that be ok to use..i have never went over voltage that far

Comment

capacitor

the capacitor is ok as long as the mfd value is the same. the voltage rating can be above the old one.
        the 220 one breaks down at 220 volts, that's what it's insulation value is. the 440 one has a more beefed up insulation value.
        insulation values are annotated as BIL

Comment

combustion motor M41

The proper readings for the motor on a M41 are White and Green wires are 78 OHMs, the White and Orange are 92 OHMs. You should have the capacitor out of the loop when doing the OHM s measurement. If you do have 156 OHMs on the Wh and Gr then you have something wrong with the motor. I doubt there is anything wrong with the capacitor. You will get a new capacitor with the new motor.

Tom

Comment

i did have capacitor out and i was getting 156,did it twice.the other 2 wires that measured correct are in one plug that plugs into board..........the capacitor i ordered was $5.02.....i am game to try a motor if it's not too expensive..i live in nc,where can i buy a motor? i really thnk you for this info..i missed my heater this morning

Comment

Originally posted by dd20399 View Post
              i live in nc,where can i buy a motor?
              Look up Hickory Home and Garden in Hickory, NC. I've priced parts from several different suppliers and they've been the cheapest I've been able to find. Although they don't list the Monitor parts on their web site there is a toll free number listed there. If they don't have the motor in stock they can probably get it from their wholesale supplier in Winston-Salem in 1-2 days. HHG also sells some parts on ebay under the user name hhgconlone. I live in KY and ordered parts from them last winter to rebuild the burn chamber on my 422, they shipped them by USPS priority mail and I had them in about 3 days. Depending on where you live in NC you might be able to drive there and pick them up. As far as gaskets and burn mat material, there are products you can buy from McMaster-Carr to use for these applications much cheaper than buying original Monitor products. When I ordered products from McMaster-Carr they shipped them by UPS and I had them in about a week.
              Last edited by FordMan59; 03-26-2013, 03:32 AM.

Comment

thanks,i called hickory and the guy i talked to was helpful..he really did not want be to get a motor without trying some other things that i have not...i need some heat so i'll go back together,thanks again for your info

Comment

will try to get us up to date,after talking to man at hickory,he told me where the o-ring should be and it wasn't there,he wanted me to try that before i bought motor..how's that for modern day sales and repair?menwhile the capacitor came in..i started putting back together yesterday..with more light in the area i have stove i seen tape on the main power wires inside case..i thought maybe it was there to protect when the wires come through the blower housing...i started taking tape off and both wires were skinned back 2 1/2 inchs..i removed wires from rear and replaced both..neither were unto but both had strands broke,maybe a third broke on one.....i also found wires stripped and bare on ribbon cable to front controller,i used liquid tape on those..i fired it off this morning and everything when smooth,tried it later and still good...i don't think anything was shorting but it had to have been on the minimum for power supplying the whole heater..anyway i wanted all that has helped to know what i have found..it may be on this forum but the o ring was 5/16 inner and 7/16 outside..thank you tom.hayzee.and fordman and i know i still need to clean and check the rest out as well

Comment

Thanks for the update. Glad HHG helped you out and that you found the damaged wires. I think HHG has a repair area for Monitor heaters so they probably know a little bit more about them than just selling parts. Hopefully you have all your problems solved.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    =