Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor 2400 combustion fan question

Greetings all,

After many years of service my 2400 was way over due for service. Did a complete burn pot overhaul and have a nice blue flame.

Combustion fan was getting quite noisy and loud so I replaced the bearings with fresh ones. Motor spins very free but the noise level is still quite high.

Out on the bench all is quiet but when reinstalled no good...no problem with motor/blower operation just the noise level.

Could this be because of the packing installed between the blower shrouding? I reused the old packing as it looked ok.

Another question the O ring that connects the piping from heater (heat exchanger) to the tru wall pipe is not great..is this a needed concern. No smell is present.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

when you do a teardown, its best to replace wearable consumables [i.e.: seals, packings etc]
    what might "look" could in fact not be.
    I hope you replaced the burn mat.
    that "O" ring should be replaced. it forms the seal against or for incoming air/or exhaust gases.
    use one from monitor because a standard buna-n o ring may not have the temperature rating.

Comment

M2400 bearings

Mike,

Where did you get the bearings you used in the motor? Are you very sure the motor halves are all the way engaged. A M2400 motor is a little hard to get right. I have had several that just would not go back together correctly. Sometimes the stator will slide into one half or the other and it's very hard to get centered. If I have to play with it too much I just buy a new motor.

Tom

Comment

M2400 blower

hawkins111

Got the bearings from USA Bearings and Belts.

They are sealed type not cheap skate bearings.

Yes the motor is a bit tricky seperating the cases but I have the proper tools so the job was no issue. I also have small puller so I was able to get the bearings off without beating on them or the shaft.

For reference I am a mechanical/elect. tech and had many electric motors apart.

Like I noted..the motor and blower on the bench spins very free with no resistance. The original output end bearing was rough and dry so I thought I found the problem.

Compared to the way it was before I removed the combustion blower assembly I would say it is 30% better but no where as quiet like previous years.

I think my next step is to replace the packing between the shrouding...hate to put the big $$$ out for such a little motor...I replaced my home AC outdoor fan motor and starter for far less than what I see the price of this little guy.

HayZee518... I am going to take your advise and order a new O-ring...as far as the burner mat...I bought a complete kit with the mat already glued down.

Guys I really appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =