Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi to Hayzee re: Monitor 22

Hi I see that you are from St Regis Falls! I'm originally from Malone and had the Ironworks there. (blacksmithing welding, machining, sheet metal etc.) I'm now living in VT and have been working as an engineer.

I have been reading through the posts as much as I can to find a solution to my problem with the Monitor 22 that I acquired a few years ago. It is going through the low burn set up just fine and when it kicks the fan on and tries to go to high burn it appears that the fuel stops and it goes off with the flashing lights. I have removed the sump and cleaned it thoroughly as well as the filters, blew out the capillary tube, checked out the fuel delivery tube into the burner and all appears to be in good shape. (there are not many hours on this unit given its age) I have also sanded the fuel rod clean although it wasn't very dirty. Fuel level in the sump appears to be correct and now my suspicion is leaning toward the pump. I really wish that I could get my hands on a service manual as I have all the skills and tools to trouble shoot it.

Are you aware of a process to test the pump out of the sump? Do we know what power it takes? (seems to be a difference of opinion as to AC or DC) Would Mullarney's still carry replacement pumps? (I went to school with Shane)

Paul

M22 troubles

Your M22 is in need of a combustion chamber overhaul. The mat has lifted or eroded away and the burner ring has warped to the point it may be very close to the chamber or ring. You will need a new mat ring and any gasket you touch. There is a good set of pictures and description on the site My Monitor 422 rebuild in pictures. You can test the pump by removing the fuel line from the burner and putting a cup under it. Try to start the stove and you will either see fuel come out or hear the pump thumping (no fuel good pump) or no pump. The pump on a M22 uses DC voltage right off the main board. The K connector should show 105 Volts DC when the status lights come on on. There is a lot of contact information on the site to help you find parts. Good luck with your project. Tom
    Last edited by hawkins111; 10-27-2013, 10:27 AM. Reason: too much file info

Comment

Hawkins is right would almost bet the burner sensor wire is too close to the burner ring or the burner ring has expaneded and busted and touching the sensor wire.

Comment

burner rebuilt

Many thanks to Hawkins for the diagnosis and suggestion! The pump was just fine and after I installed a new chamber and ring it is burning quite nicely. I was able to fake it for a while by loosening the flame rod bolts and tipping it slightly to keep me in heat until the parts arrived.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =