Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about the ulsd?

ulsd us ultra low sulpher diesel what is the gravity on it?

Comment

specific gravity

ULTRA LOW SULPHUR DIESEL via an MSDS SITE QUOTES THE
      SPECIFIC GRAVITY TO BE .8075 AT 60 DEGREES c

Description is HYDRO DESULPHURIZED KEROSENE
      with traces of NAPTHALENE

Comment

ULSD Specific Gravity

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
        ULTRA LOW SULPHUR DIESEL via an MSDS SITE QUOTES THE
        SPECIFIC GRAVITY TO BE .8075 AT 60 DEGREES c

Description is HYDRO DESULPHURIZED KEROSENE
        with traces of NAPTHALENE
        Hess oil company's MSDS states specific gravity of ULSD at .83-.876

Comment

Here in Kalifornia K1 kero has not been available for years except at Home Depot at 10 bucks a gallon. When we changed from mtbe to ethanol they needed the storage tanks since kero is not a huge market out here. We have been using dyed jet A for years although they will not let us sell the water clear jet because they are afraid people will run it in their vehicles and it is 3000 parts per million of sulfur and ultra low sulfur diesel is 15 ppm. People even use it in wick type heaters without a huge problem. Some Toyos are made to burn #1 or #2 fuel oil and I know some of our cheaper customers burn #2 in their Monitors and so far I have not heard of any problems. I could see more frequent cleanings being possible.

Comment

toyo vs monitor

if toyostove is so much versatile then why do people still buy Monitor knowing that k-1 is impossible to get?
            Both cost approx the same. Could it be the efficiency of the Monitor?

Comment

Not worth the risk

Originally posted by vangasman View Post
              I know some of our cheaper customers burn #2 in their Monitors and so far I have not heard of any problems. I could see more frequent cleanings being possible.
              I like to save where I can, but not at the expense of more parts and extra time spent in cleaning/repairs. I've heard of people using #2 and having lots of problems afterward. To me it's just not worth taking the risk when even a $ .50 per gallon savings would amount to $100. or less savings per winter for me. At the price of Monitor parts if it ruined anything all the savings would be lost buying new parts. In January I'll have been running mine on K1 for 18 years and the only parts I've had to replace have been 1 flame ring, 1 burn mat, and a few gaskets, the burn mat and gaskets were made using the less expensive alternative materials from McMaster-Carr.
              Last edited by FordMan59; 12-08-2013, 05:33 PM.

Comment

ULSD is way cleaner than the old diesel of yesterday, it will even evaporate, though not as fast as gas. I'm sure my old 30 would have no problem digesting diesel but I get it all at a discount so I just stick with kero (dyed jet A). As far as which is better Monitor or Toyo, I would probably buy a Toyo for the simple fact that they no longer make Monitors.

Comment

monitor or toyo

I've asked HAWKINS111 to be moderator of a new sub directory for RINNAI and TOYOSTOVE Laser Units.
                  This will also include the high lift pumps and on demand hot water heaters.
                  It is located within the HVAC heading.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  =