Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new or used parts could help us all

just a thought about listing extra new or used parts on this forum.all of us want to stay warm and repair as reasonable as possible ! any thoughts on this?

Selling Parts

The worst part of that idea is that then we'd be getting people coming to the site with no intention other than selling parts and not contributing to the forum in the way it was intended. There would also be the problem of some people not delivering parts or delivering faulty parts after being paid for them. I've been on several forums with sections for buying/selling and often there'll be people listing things for sale with that being the only post they've ever made and will ever make. I've also seen people buy their items and never receive them. Although it's not the fault of the forum it does give the forum a bad name when this type thing happens. Some forums require xx number of posts before you're allowed to post in the for sale section, but people don't usually pay any attention to rules and post there anyway which adds to the duties of the moderators trying to keep things in line with the forum rules. This is my 2c worth, others may feel different.

Comment

to ford man59 yes there is those

and your points are very true. but on the other hand instead of listing them, why not have just one thread for those needing parts to ask if some one has them?then pm and agree on price and shipping?i read where one person scrapped a 422 because parts would not interchange with a 2200! A lot of us could have used those parts. Ithink if it was done properly and had like 3 or 4 monitors it could work.My 2.5 cents also.but thank you for input ford man

Comment

Originally posted by savinfuel View Post
        and your points are very true. but on the other hand instead of listing them, why not have just one thread for those needing parts to ask if some one has them?then pm and agree on price and shipping?i read where one person scrapped a 422 because parts would not interchange with a 2200! A lot of us could have used those parts. Ithink if it was done properly and had like 3 or 4 monitors it could work.My 2.5 cents also.but thank you for input ford man
        I did send the person who had the 422 a PM asking about good used parts and what he wanted for various parts. His response was that he was going to list them on eBay. I see nothing wrong with doing it in a discrete manner such as PM where it's not part of the public forum and if you contact a person about buying parts you accept full responsibility if the parts are no good or not delivered.
        Last edited by FordMan59; 12-07-2013, 03:28 PM. Reason: Private message buying/selling

Comment

parts

the monitor forum was started with the intention of fixing monitors, not selling parts.
          leave the selling to eBay.
          You can relate a reference as to where they may obtain parts, but leave the selling to others.

Comment

read your pm hz

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
            the monitor forum was started with the intention of fixing monitors, not selling parts.
            leave the selling to eBay.
            You can relate a reference as to where they may obtain parts, but leave the selling to others.
            i would not have mentioned it but your pm led me to think it was a ok idea so much for that.i'm selling nothing here just thought it would be a good thread for one to ask about parts . is not asking for parts in a forum fixing your monitor heaters?

Comment

Working...
            X
            =