Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift pump prime

Does anyone know how to prime one of these older monitor lift pumps? Do you hold in the prime button? Do you expect a lot of air? My upstairs monitor is not getting enough fuel and shows e13.
    thanks

Monitor lift pump

If the unit has a prime button or switch, yes you have to hold it down. I don't have any experience with Monitor brand lifters, however I do have a lot of time with the Toyo ones. The old ones had a solenoid pump that required the prime button to be held down. If it started gurgling you would have to remove the filter canister and fill it with fuel. The new ones are a rotor pump and can be filled from the top with a little fuel. Either way a check valve is required to be located in line just after the filter on the tank. The check valve will keep the fuel in the line and not allow it to drain back into the tank. Sorry, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
      If the unit has a prime button or switch, yes you have to hold it down. I don't have any experience with Monitor brand lifters, however I do have a lot of time with the Toyo ones. The old ones had a solenoid pump that required the prime button to be held down. If it started gurgling you would have to remove the filter canister and fill it with fuel. The new ones are a rotor pump and can be filled from the top with a little fuel. Either way a check valve is required to be located in line just after the filter on the tank. The check valve will keep the fuel in the line and not allow it to drain back into the tank. Sorry, Tom
      Wow, that helps a lot.
      The 2400 actually goes into burn cycle, nice blue flame, then it quits after a few minutes and gives me an e14 not an e13.
      The prime button on this one does need to be held down. I do hear a number different gurgling sounds when holding the button in. The only time I hear the lift pump is when I am holding the button in. I haven't taken the cover off the pump yet.
      I did read about an inline check valve on this forum, sounds like a great idea.
      Ill let you know what I find.
      Thanks again for the tips.

Comment

E-14

E-14 says flame failure. This doesn't mean the flame rod.
        Inlet air path obstructed, dust clogging fan input.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =