Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuting down a Monitor 41 daily in my shop

Hello guys...here we go again with another Winter.

Anyway last fall my Monitor 41 stopped working...wouldn't even light up and blink...after some probing and help from this board felt that the mainboard was the problem.

Recently I see a guy selling a Model 41 that doesn't work on Craigslist...he says the mainboard is shot on it, same thing...nothing when plugged in ..no light at all...same as mine. It's cheap so I buy just for the parts inside.

This week I removed the mainboard from his 41 and dropped it in my 41, plug it in and it takes off. It works like new again! So I have both a working and a parts 41. (Yes!)

My question...it's in my shop and I only use it when I'm out there. "What is the proper way to shut it down each night?" Been just pushing in the power button and let it flash "88:88" until I use it again. Must be correct because the only other option would be unplugging?

Thanks

Gasoline went down...but kerosene is the same as last year $3.99 a gallon up here.

When you push the power button the stove will turn off by it self, this is fine. The reason you see 88:88 is because you do not have the clock set. Tom

Comment

When I shut mine down for anything other than maintenance or during the spring/summer all I do is turn off the on/off switch. During the spring/summer I unplug it to prevent electrical surges associated with lighting during thunder storms. When I lived in NC my neighbor left his plugged up during the summer one year about 15 or so years ago, it got hit by lightning and cost him about $600 in repairs. Kerosene where I've been buying it since we moved to KY is currently $4.189 per gallon and most places are $4.399-$4.599 When I got my Monitor in 1996, kerosene was less than $1. a gallon. I remember one year in the Charlotte, NC area heating all winter on less than $100. worth, those were the days.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =