Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser 73 running constantly

Hello,
    I recently purchased a new Laser 73 to replace my old monitor 441 which worked very well but with monitor parts drying up I decided to just invest in a new heater. Anyways I have moved the thermostat around several places and cant get the laser to act right. When it first comes on it runs on medium until it reaches my preset temp of 70 then the heater switches to low and the fan shuts down to almost nothing. It tries to make up the 4 degree cut off threshold while running on low and its like it can never catch up. Last night was only in the low 30's outside and the heater has run the whole time without cutting off. My old monitor never acted this way. Does this sound normal for a laser? I am worried it is burning way too much fuel because it never cuts off.

Where is the room sensor? If it is too low the room will not get to your set temp. Put the sensor about shoulder high.

Tom

Comment

I have moved the room sensor around to several places with no change. The heater will just not shut off or heat my house for that matter. Last night it was only 42 degrees and the heater ran all night without shutting off and my house is only 1300 sq ft. It just does not put any heat out on low.

Comment

When the Laser 73 is in Low the circulating fan is turning very slow. Again I ask, Where is the room sensor? Is it shoulder high and off to the side of the heater? The stove might not be able to warm up your common space to 74. A Laser 73 heater will have to work pretty hard to heat a 1300 Sq Ft home if it is cold out. Give us an idea of your houses insulation and windows and room plan?

Tom

Comment

The sensor has been attached to the back of the heater as well as off to the side it seemed to make no difference. The heater is located in the center of the house in the same spot where the monitor was located. I would say insulation is average and I have new style double hung windows. The coldest temps we have seen so far have been about 28 degrees. I have a hard time understanding how the heater would be struggling at this temp given that the previous winter we experienced some 0 degree nights and the old monitor preformed fine. In temps like these it would have ran 20 mins and cut off 40 mins per hour. The Laser just sets there and runs on low without ever cutting back up to medium to make up the difference or cutting off.

Comment

You can not put the room sensor on the back of a Toyo. I would move it off to one side and have it up about 4 ft. Try that for a while and see if it will cycle. If you have a remote temperature sensor of any kind, put it in the back room to see what that room is. Tom

Comment

From my 8+ yrs experience with the Laser 73. That is how they work. Mine runs almost 24/7. @ about 3 thru 3-1/2 gal.per day. Unless it is real cold out, the low setting holds set point. My thermistor is located 3 ft to the left and behind the unit and about 3 ft off the ground.

Greg

Comment

Working...
              X
              =