Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing bearings or something else?

I'm getting a family loud noise that sounds like it could be bearings . It is coming from the air intake area or the fan. I have pulled off the shroud that houses the air solenoid and that all seems to be functioning ok and the unit is running fine with a nice blue flame. Any ideas?? It does seem the loudest when the temperature set point tells the unit to kick back on and the small fan inside the unit kicks on.

Some of the older M422's can be oiled. A later unit will need bearings. Any 41,441,2400 will have to have the bearings changed if it's the motor.

Tom

Comment

Hawkins- are u talking the bearings in the large fan behind the burn chamber or the bearings in the combustion fan in the lower right hand side of the unit?

Comment

Most of the time the Circulating fan in the back is not the problem. The combustion blower motor can be a problem after a long service life. This is the one down inside the unit.

Comment

Can you give me some advice on the best way to remove the combustion fan and how to replace the bearings?

Comment

Use the Search feature for a post on 1/21/2008 Monitor 441 Heater. It has a lot of info about how to service. There are a number of other posts that cover servicing a Monitor heater on this site. Tom

Comment

Working...
            X
            =