Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a "flash" in my burn pot window every 5 seconds or so...

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a "flash" in my burn pot window every 5 seconds or so...

I rebuilt my burn pot last winter and it's been running great ever since (knock on wood). However, recently I've been noticing a "flash" that's visible through the burn pot window every 6-10 seconds (sometimes less, sometimes more).

It's almost like the ignitor keeps firing? I dunno. I can't figure it out. It's a silent flash. It doesn't seem to affect anything, but I can see it when I'm sitting on the couch.

Anyone ever experience anything like this?

Video of this here: Monitor 411 flash
    Last edited by catamount; 01-21-2015, 07:25 PM.

the igniter should be on all the time. it doesn't "fire" like a spark ignition. if your burn mat is up in places, then kero will accumilate there and flare up sometimes. as long as your view window is not sooting up, then I wouldn't worry about it. sooting means inadequate air flow.
    take the igniter out of the heater and connect it to an ohm meter on the RX1 range. Now observe the meter and shake it. If the ohmic reading goes to infinity, then the element may be opening.
    Last edited by HayZee518; 01-21-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

As Hay Zee stated, if your mat has lifted in places that will cause a flare up. How you glued your mat down makes a big difference as does the material you used for the mat. Too much glue coming through the weave will cause the fuel to pool in those areas. What material did you use for the mat? Tom

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
        the igniter should be on all the time. it doesn't "fire" like a spark ignition. if your burn mat is up in places, then kero will accumilate there and flare up sometimes. as long as your view window is not sooting up, then I wouldn't worry about it. sooting means inadequate air flow.
        The burn mat came factory installed (should have mentioned that, used a new burn pot last year). So the mat was glued down from the factory. My view window is clear as day, so I guess I'll try to ignore it.

Originally posted by hawkins111 View Post
        As Hay Zee stated, if your mat has lifted in places that will cause a flare up. How you glued your mat down makes a big difference as does the material you used for the mat. Too much glue coming through the weave will cause the fuel to pool in those areas. What material did you use for the mat? Tom
        It's factory. Hmm. I'm gonna try to ignore it... really appreciate the feedback guys! Thanks.

Comment

might want to clean oil line going into the burner. maybe partially restricted and allowing small burst of kerosene.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =