Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control panel swap (K1 422 to Propane GF 200)

Collapse

Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control panel swap (K1 422 to Propane GF 200)

I have a GF 200 propane monitor that is not allowing me to adjust lower the temp setting. (Button not responding)
    Ihave a K1 parts monitor (422) that appears to have the identical control panel. The panel I am referring to is the one that controls the temp and time settings.
    Is it possible to swap these panel assemblies out? I'm wondering if the wiring would be similar enough to make a swap. The GF unit runs flawlessly, I just can't lower the temp. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

the K1 board may look similar but the K1 unit uses a fuel pump circuitry whereas the propane unit uses a spark gap to ignite the propane. the igniter [spark] is on all the time until the gas ignites and opens the main valve. the K1 units igniter is a cylindrical heater that stays on all the time even when the fuel pump is pumping fuel. try it, but I'd be very careful with it. check with hawkins.

Comment

thanks, Lee

Comment

do you have an easy way to repair a down button that won't respond? I'm going to remove the panel tonight and see if I can clean the contact and get it to work.

Comment

The GF and M series have different part numbers for the indicator panel, which tells me they are completely different and not interchangeable. Your problem may as simple as the plastic button is not touching the switch. If the switch is bad you will more than likely have to get a new part. The guys that fix Monitor circuit boards do not work on gas stove parts. Sorry

Comment

those switches are tactile film switches, just like the ones used in your keyboard. two or three foils on a printed circuit board with a carbon button that bridges the foils. I saw somewhere a guy that has or sells adhesive backed copper buttons that glue to the carbon button. try searching for keyboard repair.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =