Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistor question for 2200

Hello all,
    I have a Monitor 2200 which has been great for me.

My question is I'd like to bypass the thermostat feature all together. I'd like to be able to replace the thermistor with a fixed value resistor.

Any idea what fixed resistor value I'd use?

I did this with an old Monitor 30 and it was great. no more cycling. I was able to select which range to run the heater in.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,
    Doug. Y.

Please explain, in more detail what you are trying to do.

Tom

Comment

I've always fought with the thermostat on the monitor to try to keep it from cycling off and on. I'd rather crack a window than turn the unit on and off.

What I did on my old Monitor 30 was replace the thermistor with a fixed value resistor. that way, once I find that right resistor the unit thinks it's one temperature. If I get the value right then the unit thinks it's at one temperature. It doesn't vary so I can use the up and down button on the unit to select high med low oriented around this false temperature point that the fixed resistor gives me.

My problem is I can't remember what value resistor I used. I don't have a meter to measure what the resistance of the thermistor reads when the thermistor is around seventy degrees.

All of this in an attempt to prevent it from cycling. That drives me crazy. (well, crazier than I already am)

Comment

hmmm, cricket music. . .

Can anybody tell me the resistance of the thermistor on a Monitor 2200 at around 70 degrees?

Thanks again,
        Doug Y.

Comment

To answer your question, 70 degrees should show about 12000 OHMs, 77 should show 10000 OHMs. Have you done any research about your fuel burn over a years time? I can not see how your plan is very good on fuel. Tom

Comment

Thank you for those numbers Tom.

When I want it on I turn it on low and keep it low. The heater is pretty close to what my building needs. If the temp in the room gets a little warm on low I crack the window. If I leave it up to the heater, no mater where I put the sensor it is constantly switching off and on.

Thanks for those numbers. Very much,
            Doug Y.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =