Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathis PCB repair anyone ??? E15 code

Has anyone sent a board to these guys for repair ?? First here's the story.
    I think my 2400 got zapped this summer during a thunder storm.. When we went to use it i was giving a E15 code low voltage ....
    when you turn it on the combustion fan will come on for 5 to 10 seconds then the alarm and e15 code come up ...
    I checked the fuses and they are good...
    So wondering if i should send the board out for repair or could something else be going on ??? Thanks...

have you measured any of the voltages at the board? what is the present voltage in your house?

Comment

yes i have correct voltage at the outlet and at the board ..I also took it to my business which is on a different electrical service and set it up to bench test there and it did the same thing ... Checked for continuity, grounds,and voltage at a bunch of connections I still need to check to output of the transformers since the board has the output voltages printed on it.. but beyond that i don't have any info on what the other components should have for voltage or ohms ???
      What usually cooks on one of these things in a extreme surge ??? maybe the small transformer???

I am an autobody tech and mechanic by trade and can usually figure out stuff like this but not this thing it's testing my patience LOL !! Thanks again for any help you can offer ..
      Last edited by Bretto1980; 03-12-2010, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Because the microprocessor control board is a computer [in a sense] it must use a regulated power supply. Everything would be mounted on the motherboard. without looking there may be a BRIDGE RECTIFIER, or four DIODES connected in a bridge rectifier configuration. Outputs go to FILTER CAPACITORS to smooth out the DC. For more regulation there may be an INDUCTOR in the DC path. Filters are called a PI filter because on paper thats what they look like. The simplest of power supplies are the half wave, full wave, bridge rectifier, full wave with a center tapped transformer. I'll draw a coupla diagrams and include it here.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =