Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now what?

first off, kudos and thanks to hayzee and all the others for their invaluable assistance regarding monitor heater repair and maintenance. i have a monitor 422 that i am currently servicing. my concern is gluing the new burner mat. The bottom of the burner pot is round. the mat appears to be round as well. There aren't any corners to glue down. So, where does the glue go? also, does anyone have a mcmaster carr part number for the gasket material monitor heaters use where the heater sections screw together?

the burner mat is shaped in the form of the letter D. there's a diagram of this somewhere in here.

Comment

burner mat glue procedure

When you receive a new M422 burner pot from Monitor the mat is glued over the complete bottom surface. It would help if you used a torch on the new mat to soften it up. Once that is done the mat will lay smoothly on the complete bottom. Clean the bottom with MEK or Lacquer Thinner to remove any grease. Mix up the whole tube of glue and plan to use only about half. A thin layer of glue over the bottom and then gently press the mat down. Don’t let too much glue come up through the weave. Let the glue dry over night. You should be ready to assemble the rest of the combustion chamber at this time so you can use the remainder of the glue on any gaskets and screw heads. If you use Rutland Cement you can take a little more time with your assembly, as it won’t harden up in its container. It is important to seal all gaskets and screw heads so there is no chance of CO escape.

Tom

Comment

Working...
      X
      =