Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E13 or E14 code

I have a Monitor 2400 that will give a E13 or a E14 code after it has ran for a while. I have a bright blue flame when it is working. Any ideas what is going on?

Galvin,
    Is the fan and cover in the back spotlessly clean? What about your fuel filter and tank level??

Comment

You said," it ran for a while". How long does it run before it shuts down? how often does this happen?
      In your case to check if it's fuel delivery issues. The first thing you do right after it shuts down is the to check if there is fuel in the sump and if there is fuel in the line.
      To check if there is fuel in the line, you will need to remove the sump cover, it's held by two Philips screws. Make sure to put some rags for the spills. While you there, clean the filter.
      To check the sump for fuel, you will need to remove the front cover. The sump has a rubber plug, remove it and check for fuel.
      These two things will tell you if you have in your line and or the sump float is sticking closed.
      Last edited by megrinoise; 10-11-2023, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I have about 75 gal in the tank and the big fan on the back is clean.

Comment

Megrinoise: It will run for about 6 to 8hr before it will set one or the other code. I will check out the sump and fuel system this evening and let you know what I find. Thank you Galvin.

Comment

Galvin,

I did read your other post that stated the stove will run 6 or 8 hours before there is an error code. Because the stove runs so long more than likely there is no fuel problems. You may be lucky enough to just wipe the soot off the flame sensor to cure this, however I think you are going to have to open the combustion chamber and install a new mat and burner ring. Try the flame sensor first. Look very close at the flame to see if there is even the smallest yellow streak anytime during the burn cycle. That could cause the flame to get off the sensor and cause an error code.

Comment

hawkins111: Thank you. I will check those out and see what is there.

Comment

Working...
              X
              =