Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 442 troubles

Hi every one. This is my first post, thanks for having me. My wifes sewing room (upstairs) is heated with a 10 or 12 year old Monitor 442 that would not start up this fall when turned on for the first time. I installed the unit new myself and its been flawless until now. I replaced the filter at the outdoor main tank and checked for fuel in my lift pump. I cleaned the small filter at the fuel sump. The burner still would light although the burner chamber gets very warm so I'm sure the heater/ignitor is working. It appears that I,m not getting fuel to the burner. So next I disassemble and clean the fuel pump. Kind of sorry I did that as the parts are small and I'm not sure I got it back together correctly. Still the fuel pump is not working so no fire in the burner yet. Further investigation reveals big mud bug nest in the air inlet piping that is preventing enough air pressure to activate the diaphragm pressure switch. After cleaning this out the pump now cycles and burner now lights momentarily but does not burn well, very small flame and shuts down. I disconnect fuel pipe into burner to check for fuel flow and get very small spits of fuel as the pump cycles. Not sure if what I,m seeing is enough. So the big question is did I reassemble the fuel pump plunger correctly? The very topmost fitting contains three parts: a small white plastic piston with a step in it, a conical spring and a rubber piston with a hole through it. Can anyone help me install these 3 pieces correctly? Thanks in advance..........Bill

if you are talking about the fuel pump in the sump tank, you are never to take this thing apart. I too thought it would be a simple task yet found out it isn't. I had to buy another one. only cleaning I do with this pump is clean the inlet screen at the very bottom of the pump. Hawkins111 may have taken apart his, maybe you can get in touch with him.

Comment

Thanks for your reply HayZee. Yes I took apart the fuel pump solenoid plunger. I just took it apart again and rearranged its innards. Now all seems well and we're making heat. Its been a long day but I have learned something about Monitor heaters.........Bill

Comment

Working...
      X
      =