Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home owner’s most important item

For the home owner operating a Monitor heater the peep window is the most important item for determining the health of your heater. If you can not see the flame through the window it is imperative to have the window cleaned. Without being able to see the flame, you can not determine its condition. The flame should be blue with no yellow to speak of. When the heater first comes on and during any change in settings the flame will be momentarily yellow but should change to blue very fast. A yellow flame is telling you that service is not long away. A tall yellow flame will need to be addressed right away. Cleaning the window is easy. You will need to have a gasket ready to go back on when you take the window frame off. You should be able to clean the window with 409 or Windex. Once you can see the flame you will be much more aware of the condition of your heater and in a position to make a decision on maintenance. Remember, service your heater early in the year, and early is not Jan or Feb.

Tom

Here, here! December is not the time to plan on overhauling that which keeps you warm during winter!

Comment

yellow flame

A yellow flame is indictative of what, soot/carbon build up etc. Just noticed this at our camp this weekend.
      Thanks

Comment

a yellow flame or white flame is indicative of poor combustion air, water with fuel, a blocked exhaust port, a blocked inlet air port. ice in the inlet tube or a leak between the inner and outer air tubes.

Comment

yellow flame

The yellow flame can be caused by a lifted mat, warped ring, carboned air holes, carboned heat exchanger, ice on flue pipe. Since I don't know which heater you have or when the last time it was serviced I can only go with what has happened to all the other stoves I have seen with a yellow flame. You need a service.

Tom

Comment

yellow flame

Well I know that the outside exhaust is open as there was no snow around it yesterday. I was thinking poor combustion also. Had it serviced last year and new combustion chamber installed. Definetly giving it a cleaning and checking the holes in the bottom of the chamber ring etc..
            Does Mullarny's in Bangor carry parts also ?

Thanks

p.s. Duane NY

Comment

Working...
            X
            =