Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Water Heater kwh 124 tune up

I have a Monitor Water Heater KWH 124 and I am looking for a guide to perform a tune-up. Replace the nozzle and brush and vac etc. Anyone have experience with this? Any input is appreciated.
    thanks
    Joe

service KWH 124

Joe,

What you need is a KWH 124 manual. Try your local dealer. Be advised though, Monitor has not made a KWH in over 17 years, and have not made any parts in the same amount of time. If you need electrodes or any electrical it’s going to be tough find them. The nozzle is just a Delavan .85 gph, 60 degree, A pattern. If your exhaust pipe goes out the wall you will at least have a hole for a new Toyotomi heater if you decide to go that way. If it goes out the ceiling you can still use a Toyotomi but you lose some efficiency. We used to have a lot of KWH’s here in Bethel but none have survived. In cold climates they suffer from cold air down drafting through the exhaust during the off cycle and freezing the coil. If you like the idea you’ll really like the Toyotomi.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. I agree with your perspective on the Kwh124 and the Toyo. I was wondering if you or anyone else has tuned up a Monitor KWH 124 water heater and was looking for some details on the steps. I know how to handle the filter but was wondering how to best access the nozzle and what else should be checked, cleaned etc. Any input is welcome.

Joe

Comment

KWH 124 service

Joe,

Most of the units I have worked on have quit and by the time I see them 2 out of 3 are not serviceable. It has been 6 years or more since I looked at one. I think that one was the last one in our town. You will need to remove the top of the burner to get to the nozzle and electrodes. This will require you to break a gasket, so be ready. If you are lucky the nozzle will be the only thing you need. I would plan on being out of hot water for some time when you do this, unless you find a source of parts. Don't forget the water filter. I hope my attachment goes through clear enough for you to read. To be honest, I would run this unit until it quits and plan on upgrading at that time.

Good luck,

Tom

Comment

thanks Tom

I appreciate the info. I will let you know how I make out.

Joe

Comment

Working...
          X
          =