Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monitor 21 question

does anyone know how to get to the burner pot in a model 21 to clean it and inspect it?

I imagine its like any other monitor with exceptions. front grill comes off. top comes off, disconnect plenum switches, unscrew plenum cover, unscrew top chamber screws, one side screw.

Comment

mcmaster woven gasket

i picked up this stuff:

8813K11 Woven Slotted Fiberglass Seal, 1/8" Thick, 1" Wide, 25' Long

but it doesn't seem appropriate because of the loose weave. i'm afraid it's not going to make a good seal.

are there an tricks to using this stuff?

thanks

Comment

M21 service

Ray,

The 4 screws you see on the bottom have to come off. The heat exchanger and combustion chamber come off as one. With a M21 you should not have to split the exchanger and combustion chamber. Flip the assembly over and access the 4 screws on the burner pot. There will be 4 or so inches down in the slot between the chamber and burner. I would not try to use some after market gasket material, as the thickness and heat resistance are not the same as Monitor parts. Yes you should glue both sides of the gasket when you install them. Put a dab on each screw as well. You are going to need a burner cloth and burner ring. They will go inside the burner after you clean all the carbon out. When you go to glue the cloth down you can use the Rutland cement. A thin coating on the bottom of the burner and gently set the cloth into the glue. Don’t smash it down as you want the glue not to come too far up into the weave. A Monitor stove has a positive pressure inside the burner when it is firing. If you have a loose screw or broken gasket you can get CO gas in your home. All the Monitor gaskets, burner ring and cloth should cost around $120.
        Have a great new year,

Tom

Comment

I have a Monitor 21 runs through it's cycles, runs up to temperature, all the burner lights come on, clock goes to :88, burner light stay on high and there is no flame, Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =