Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insinkerator HC1100sn-2 tank maintenance

Hi everyone.

I have a hot water butler that we have had for years...awesome.

Everyyear I change the filer.

I know my hot water heater has hardness build up in the tank and I drain the HWH twice a year.

I unmounted the hot water butler and drained the tank and saw a lot of hardness collect in the sink.

How can I dismantle the unit and flush out the tank? or is there a way to introduce coffee pot cleaner into the tank and flush it out somehow....

thanks
    It\'s sometimes better to be lucky than smart.

I called Insinerator, and after 5 years they replaced this unit and it is in the mail.

Originally posted by vdotmatrix View Post
    Hi everyone.

I have a hot water butler that we have had for years...awesome.

Everyyear I change the filer.

I know my hot water heater has hardness build up in the tank and I drain the HWH twice a year.

I unmounted the hot water butler and drained the tank and saw a lot of hardness collect in the sink.

How can I dismantle the unit and flush out the tank? or is there a way to introduce coffee pot cleaner into the tank and flush it out somehow....

thanks

Comment

Hwh

What is a hot water butler? Hot water heaters in a high mineral content water will build up over time into a hard scale, that may be more than just a scum or discolorization on the tank walls. because the tank is heated it will be built up. its just like if you boil tap water in an aluminum pot, you'll see a whitish scale on the walls of the pot above the boiling water. cold water does the same but at a lesser rate. how to take apart your unit. check your user manual, it may tell you how it's put together.

Comment

InSinkErator F-HC1100SN Series 1100 Instant Hot & Cool Water Dispenser - Satin Nickel - Faucet Depot

I don't think they have any end use maintainence instructions but I know many times info that cies from this forum is golden.

Comment

hi, what do you mean?

Comment

Working...
          X
          =