Low Water Pressure

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pilkinga
    New Member
    • Mar 2004
    • 4

    #1

    Low Water Pressure

    Recently I had a pipe break between my main shutoff valve and the cities water meter out in my yard. So I had to turn the water off at the meter to stop the leak and fix the pipe. The old pipes were steel or lead and I was able to find two connections so that I could replace the leaky pipe with a new PVC pipe. The new PVC is only about a six foot section and is the same diameter as the old pipe. However, since this fix my water pressure has dropped off considerably and I can not even run my sprinkler system anymore. I'm sure I turned the meter all the way back on. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • kactuskid
    Master Journeyman

    • Mar 2004
    • 801

    #2
    Did you use regular PVC instead of CPVC, I don't think that PVC is pressure rated for supply piping and if used it's possible that it's leaking.

    Comment

    • pilkinga
      New Member
      • Mar 2004
      • 4

      #3
      I'm not sure what type of PVC I used. I would know if it was leaking though because thats how I found out about the original leak, my crawlspace flooded.


      Comment

      • dev 65
        Handyman
        • Mar 2004
        • 30

        #4
        Is it possiple that a rock or somthing got in your pipe between your shutoff valve and the house? If I understand your layout,it goes watermeter,shutoff valve and then your house. It seems the only variable is between the meter and the valve.

        Comment

        Trending

        Collapse

        There are no results that meet this criteria.

        Working...