Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Water Pressure

Recently I had a pipe break between my main shutoff valve and the cities water meter out in my yard. So I had to turn the water off at the meter to stop the leak and fix the pipe. The old pipes were steel or lead and I was able to find two connections so that I could replace the leaky pipe with a new PVC pipe. The new PVC is only about a six foot section and is the same diameter as the old pipe. However, since this fix my water pressure has dropped off considerably and I can not even run my sprinkler system anymore. I'm sure I turned the meter all the way back on. Does anyone have any ideas?

Did you use regular PVC instead of CPVC, I don't think that PVC is pressure rated for supply piping and if used it's possible that it's leaking.

Comment

I'm not sure what type of PVC I used. I would know if it was leaking though because thats how I found out about the original leak, my crawlspace flooded.

Comment

Is it possiple that a rock or somthing got in your pipe between your shutoff valve and the house? If I understand your layout,it goes watermeter,shutoff valve and then your house. It seems the only variable is between the meter and the valve.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =