Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Water

[?]
    I am planning on installing a water softener in my home.
    Will a filter remove the 'sodium' if I soften the entire indoor water supply?

If your concerned with Salt in your diet, why not use a Pottasium to clean (regenerate) the softener. It has the same cleansing effect on the Softener's Resin as salt. It is only slightly more expensive. Hube

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I'm not really concerned about intake as much as flavor. I would prefer soft water as the hard stuff. It is ruining my fixtures, coffee maker, and icemaker. I just wasn't sure how common it was to soften everything.

Comment

Most people cant taste the salt. Also you can set up a pre filter loop or by pass for plumbing you dont want to run soft water, i have my out side faucets not soft, my dow stairs work sink is on this line too, but the washer, (cloths and dish) fridge and kitchen are all soft.

quote:Originally posted by rainman

Thanks for the reply, I'm not really concerned about intake as much as flavor. I would prefer soft water as the hard stuff. It is ruining my fixtures, coffee maker, and icemaker. I just wasn't sure how common it was to soften everything.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =