Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't turn off the water to the kitchen faucet

Hi all,

I want to replace the kitchen faucet. The shutoff valves under the sink are not working - it does not matter if I turn them right or left, the water does not shut off.

I went outside and looked at the water heater (it's in a closet off the patio)
    and can't turn water off there either. Here's a picture:

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	87903

I can't turn that lever; it doesn't budge. I can't turn it right or left.
    Any ideas on how I can turn the water to the water heater off?

Thanks!

Then you'll have to turn off the whole house cold water supply and open a hot water faucet at the lowest level to bleed off any pressure. if your heater is electric shut off the water heater breaker first. if its gas, shut off the gas supply valve. you'll have to restart the pilot if it is a standing pilot when you are finished.
    for the valve, try squirting some liquid wrench on the valve stem then use an adjustable wrench on the stem's flats. it's a ball valve so it should turn.

Comment

Originally posted by HayZee518 View Post
      Then you'll have to turn off the whole house cold water supply and open a hot water faucet at the lowest level to bleed off any pressure. if your heater is electric shut off the water heater breaker first. if its gas, shut off the gas supply valve. you'll have to restart the pilot if it is a standing pilot when you are finished.
      for the valve, try squirting some liquid wrench on the valve stem then use an adjustable wrench on the stem's flats. it's a ball valve so it should turn.
      Thank you! I'll try that!

Comment

Working...
      X
      =