Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shower/tub faucet valve?

I think i messed up big time! i recently re-tiled my bathroom/shower. during the demolition we removed and threw away all of the old shower hardware and re-tiled the shower, leaving the existing valve in. i was just told by a guy at home depot that i need to know what kind of valve i have in order to purchse the new faucet. But my understanding is the valve is behind the newly tiled wall???? i know it was a Moen but their website shows about six types of valves. So, am i pretty much SOL as far as knowing what type i need?

This may be a real longshot but I can think of one possibility. Hopefully you have a zone valve to the shower, if not you will have to turn the water off at the main. Remove one of the valve stems and take it to the store. By matching your stem to a new one they should be able to narrow down your search to the manufacturer and possibly the model or type. Once the manufactured is known it should not be difficult to locate trim escucheons to fit your mixer or replacement handles that will fit your stem.

Comment

thanks for the suggestion. i will definately give that a try.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =