Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colony bathtub installation

i just puechased a home with a new colony soaker tub..not the whirlpool model..from my access panel i dont see any mortar support.for the tub ..but it has four legs ...tub creaks a little that is why i checked to see the installation...i am told this tub needs no more support other than the four legs ..i always understood acrylic tubs need mortar support ....anyone who .can give me an answer ..please ..thx mike

mike

Not all tube require the mortar support. The only way to be sure is to check the manufacturers specifications for that particular model. Failing to install in strictest compliance with the manufacturers specs can violate the warranties.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LazyPup

Not all tube require the mortar support. The only way to be sure is to check the manufacturers specifications for that particular model. Failing to install in strictest compliance with the manufacturers specs can violate the warranties.
      thx i checked website for american standard in canada..and drawings it shows for the colony model does not show mortar support..tell me though is it normal for acrylic /fiberglass...tubs to have some give to the bottom??

mike

Comment

I have a jacuzzi tub that measures 59 1/2 X 42 X 26 high. It's a manufactured unit and is bonded to its own base. It sits directly on the floor and uses a few sheetrock screws to keep it from shifting. Manufacturer says no special prep for installation other than a firm base.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =