Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/Advice-Water not working

For some unknown reason, the water in my downstairs bathroom simply does not work. Turning the hot and cold knobs produces a VERY small trickle of water only. All the other faucets in the house work fine.
    Advice on what could be wrong???

Is this downstairs bathroom a full bath or a 1/2 bath? What fixtures are effected? If it is a 1/2bth and only a sink giving the problem try removing the aeraator screen on the sink faucett and cleaning the sediments out of the screen or flow restrictor.

Comment

It is a half-bath. The only thing that seems to be affected are the faucets. The toilet works fine. I'll follow your advice when I get home tonight. Unless you can suggest anything else.
      Thanks!

Comment

If its just that one faucett I am sure you will find the screens are stopped up..that is a very common problem..Just unscrew the aereator tip on the faucett and remove the screens and rinse them out. The only caution is pay careful attention to how the screens come out so you car put them back in the same way.

Comment

Yep...you were right. It actually wasn't the screen that was clogged, but the small hole/filter that the water goes through before it hits the screen.
          Thanks a bunch...Hands being washed downstaris once again...

Comment

Working...
          X
          =