Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom addition - DWV

We are in the middle of the rough in for a slab addition. Part of the addition is a bathroom and I think I have everything laid out correctly. I have attached a drawing showing what has been done. Anyone see any problems or suggestions? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi Wayne..I took the liberty of editing your post so your illustration would appear in the post instead of the web link.

As you can see in the attached illustration here, the code requires a cleanout at each change of direction greater than 45deg.

The exception to the rule is that if a fixtures has a removable trap that is readily accessible such as a sink waste arm, the trap adapter may then serve as the cleanout, however the drain line from the tub will be underslab and not readily accessible therefore you must use a glue-up type waste & overflow kit on the tub drain.

The code requires that when connecting a a vertical drop or horizontal branch to a drain line we must use a WYE or Wye & 1/8bend. May not use a sanitary TEE...You may use a Combo, which is simply a Wye & 1/8 bend made into one fitting.

In your layout you have the watercloset joining the branch at right angles. This would result in a serious loss of velocity and could result in a sluggish flush. By attaching the watercloset to the branch in the manner i suggest in the following illustration it will help maintain the velocity of flow and the slightly longer waste arm will aid the watercloset flush action.

If you could post a layout of the walls as well as the fixture locations and the point were you intend to tie this drain into the existing drains I may be able to show you a much simpler layout that will not require cleanouts.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =