Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen Faucet Hot Water Not Working

The hot water has stopped working on my kitchen faucet. The kitchen faucet is located in the center of the home and next to an outside wall. I Live in a Mobile Home and it is quite cold at this time. I thought maybe the pipe had frozen, but the cold water is working on the same faucet. The hot water and cold water works on all the other faucets in the house. Is this a frozen pipe or is there something wrong with the faucet. The dishwasher seems to be connected to the same pipe as the hot water and is getting hot water. The pipes are plastic inside the home. I have not gone underneath the home to check the pipes, brrrrrr! Any ideas?

It's probably frozen alright.

Because you have hot water at that other nearby fixture means your problem is nearby. keep cabinet doors open. Turn up your heat some more (because often they run pipes near heat runs, for this very reason) Enlarge hole where hot water pipe enters and get hairdryer to heat up cavity in floor or wall. Approaching it from below is not going to help unless your trailer is old and has the belly paper out if it due to previous water leaks, in that area. Then yes, you could go under there and have at it.

The fact the cold water works means nothing. Usually in cold weather, it is the hot water line that freezes first. (I am in the mobile home business so I know all about this stuff, unfortunately)

Comment

The post states that the dishwasher is connected to the same line. Typically a dishwasher is connected by means of a side tapped angle stop. If this is the case and if water is reaching the dishwasher we can rule out a frozen line.

The problem is more likely caused by either debris obstructing the cartridge on the hot water side in the faucett or a defective cartridge in the faucett.

Comment

Originally posted by skyestar View Post
        The hot water has stopped working on my kitchen faucet. The kitchen faucet is located in the center of the home and next to an outside wall. I Live in a Mobile Home and it is quite cold at this time. I thought maybe the pipe had frozen, but the cold water is working on the same faucet. The hot water and cold water works on all the other kitchen faucet not working in the house. Is this a frozen pipe or is there something wrong with the faucet. The dishwasher seems to be connected to the same pipe as the hot water and is getting hot water. The pipes are plastic inside the home. I have not gone underneath the home to check the pipes, brrrrrr! Any ideas?
        Just set up for a long Labor Day weekend camping. The kitchen sink in our 2021 Rockwood 2507s put out some water then sputtered pretty forcefully, now no water coming out of hot or cold. Other faucets all work fine. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X
        =