Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submersible pump ?

hi all!!i'm new to the forum and i have a problem i hope you can help me with.i have a submersible pump that i pulled the cord out of,while fixing that problem i spilled the oil surrounding the pump.my ? is what kind of oil do i replace it with.

thanks for any and all replies,i'm going to move around checking out the site

dan

There are a number of different oils that can be used to fill the casing of oil emersed motors and most of them cannot be mixed. You would need to contact the motor manufacturer or a motor rebuild shop to determine what oil is compatible with your pump.

Many of the gaskets used in submersible pumps cannot be reused either, therefore most submersible pump motors are not considered field repairable.
    Last edited by LazyPup; 03-15-2006, 11:42 PM.

Comment

The cord connection for the pump is "potted" within the connector, that is, it is moulded right to the cord. While it is entirely possible to repair it, would never be the same. The oil is a medium viscosity oil much as airconditioner oil completely void of moisture.

Comment

thanks for the info!!!!i'll just scrap it and get a different one.

Comment

Working...
        X
        =