Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet wont empty

I have a problem with my toilet. The toilet will fill with water but does not empty. It will drain rather slowly but does not drain completely they way it should. I snaked the toilet, no clogs. I snaked the soil pipe also. IE opened the clean out whole and snaked it.

What could be causing this problem. There are no clogs in the toilet or the drain.

Thanks for any help you all can offer on this.

Stephan,

There are only a couple of things required for a tiolet to flush properly. You need a fairly rapid release of new water into the bowl. You need an unobstructed path for the waste water to flow out through, and you need a vent pipe allowing air into the drain pipe so you don't create an air lock.

I know you said you snaked it but if I had to guess I would say that there is and obstruction in the trap of the toilet.

If I were you I would drop by the local hardware store and pick up a new wax seal for the tiolet flange. Shut off the water supply to the tank. Drain as much of the water from the bowl as possible. Unbolt the tiolet from the floor and visually check at the flange for an obstruction. If you find one clear it. If you don't then you have only wasted $2.00 for the new seal and half hour of your time. But atleast you can be sure it is not an obstruction.

Good luck, and please let us know what you find out, Jim

'Just a handyman trying to help'
    'Just a handyman trying to help'

Comment

Working...
    X
    =