Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need?

I am replacing the original faucet in the laundry room with a new American Standard unit. PROBLEM: I live in a manufactured home that has the supply line crimped to the CPVC shutoff valve. On the upper end of this existing supply line is a 1/2 IP female connector that connects directly to the connections on the old faucet. The new faucet has supply lines built into it and are equipped with I think a 3/8" female compression fittings that in a regular home would connect directly to the shut off valve. I know that there must be some kind of adapter to connect this new faucet supply lines to the existing supply lines that have the 1/2 IP female fitting installed . When I go to Lowes / HD as pose the question, I get a blank stare and in one case was told to replace the existing shut off valves with ones that will hook directly to the new faucet fittings.. Not an option as far as I am concerned in a manufactured home with CPVC piping and valves. What is the name of what I need so I can avoid the "blank stare" when asking for what I need at HD.

You need a very common adapter piece: it is 3/8 compression X ½" male IPS. The home store has these, ususally in a big section of little fittings in plastic bags on pegs. The fact that the guy there couldn't deduce the size you needed is why they have developed such a lousy reputation for customer service in the last few years.

Naturally, you are going to need to make a loop with your excess length, but that is probably not a problem.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =