Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water pressure

I have 1/2 inch copper coming into my house through the water meter. Can I put in 3/4 copper after the water meter in order to increase the pressure?

pressure will be the same, volume will be more.

Comment

Available volume and pressure is determined by the meter size..and pipe up to the meter. Using larger pipe AFTER the meter will result in less PRESSURE LOSS between the meter and the point of use. If the run of pipe is long, and the volume of water needed exceeds around 5 gallon per minute, you would notice a measureable improvement with 3/4" pipe.

Comment

water pressure

Thanks.
        Tell me something. Would increased water volume be of any benifit to me or would it reduce my water pressure?

Comment

water pressure

Thanks. That helps me alot.

Comment

water pressure

Have you heard anything about a new code that says you nolonger should trap your main drain line?
            You are still required to trap individual lines, just not the main line. Something about water flow

Comment

never heard that one. I'm in upstate ny and my main waste line has no traps in it just the branches off the main. bathroom sink has a trap, kitchen line has a trap, bathtub has a trap, shower pan has one. my house is fed from a 1/2" copper line from the street at 55 psi. I have a 3/4 line coming off this to feed my cold water branches and the hot water tank. I have 3/4 off the hot water tank to the upstairs where it reduces to 1/2" copper. For my sink I have a 3/4 X1/2 X 3/4 TEE, hot and cold water.

Comment

water pressure

Thanks again that has helped me tonnes. I just bought a house. I use to work as a plumbers assistant for a couple of years but that was along time ago.
                So your advice is much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                X
                =