Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam radiator too hot!!! Help!!

I have steam radiators and one of them is constantly running. I have been able to turn down the others but I am hoping to get some help on how I can fix this problem. On one end, the is a valve with a little knob on the bottom which is supposed to control how much steam comes out(I think). This does not seem to work since I have turned it completely both ways and it still works at full force. At the other end where the pipe goes into the floor, there is steam coming out of another valve. I am not sure if this is supposed to happen or not.(I would think not, since it is hot!!) I am wondering if this is a quick fix of just changing a valve or if it more involved. Any thoughts?

Thanks

you have a closed steam system with air bleeders at each radiator. one pipe goes in with a valve - on the other end a straight pipe goes into the floor and back to the boiler. water boils at 212 degrees to flash into steam so the pipes and radiators will be HOT! whether you throttle how much steam goes into the radiator it will always be 212 degrees or slightly more. when the steam travels through the radiator part of it will condense back into hot water and work its way back to the boiler. the disks in a steam valve are made of a fiber material not rubber as in your water system. you can remove the valve bonnet and stem and get at the stem washer. the seats inside are probably not removable and are made of brass.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =