Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhead drain for water softener

I'm installing a Kenmore 75290 ion exchange water softener. There is no floor drain, laundry tub or sump pump in the basement or garage (I've lived here for 4 years, and the basement is dry). I'm planning to connect the valve drain to an overhead drain. The surge tank from the well is set at 60 psi. Will this work for the backwash, or do I need to install a pump? If I go with the overhead drain, how do I install an air gap? What do I do about the overflow drain?

The discharge from your water softener may not be directly connected to a drain line.

Code requires that it must be connected by means of an "Indirect Waste Receptor"

Some examples of an approved indirect waste receptor are:
    .1.Discharge into a utility sink. The lowest portion of the discharge line must remain a minimum of 1" above the flood level rim of the sink.
    2. Discharge into a floor drain or sump pit- the lowest portion of the discharge line must remain a minimum of 1" above the flood level rim of the floor drain or sump pit.
    3.Discharge into an approved standpipe. A standpipe must have a minimum of an 18" riser above the water level of the trap.

Comment

Working...
    X
    =