Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leak in shower wall -- what to do?

I recently noticed that water pressure suddenly seemed low for our shower/bath. The shower backs to a linen cabinet, with a small access opening in the wall way down low (below the fixtures). So I stuck my hand in the hole and discovered water dripping, though only when the water is on.

I'm not sure what to do next. A plumber from our home warranty company said we'd have to remove the entire cabinet before they'd do anything. But it looks like I could pretty easily create a hole through the wall where the bath-level fixtures are. Up high near the shower head would be tougher.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (Beware I'm not very up in plumbing terminology.

the access hole is probably there for the line shutoff valves. look around with a mirror and a flashlight. you may be able to spot water leaking around the stem bonnet. there's a graphite packing in there. you may be able to tighten it with some channel lock pliers or a crescent wrench.

Comment

Also, you can buy access panels in at least two sizes at Lowe's and Home Depot. So you could simply cut out a hole (to suit one of these panels) for the repair work to take place, once it's repaired cover in the hole with an access panel.
      Little about a lot and a lot about a little.
      Every day is a learning day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      =