Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure surging

Hello,

I am having a problem with my water pressure surging. I have a well with a holding tank in my basement. When the water is running my pump turns on for a couple of seconds then turns off, then turns on, then turns off..... I am thinking that it may be a problem with the pressure in the holding tank. Is there a standard method of setting up the holding tank that I could try. There is a valve for compressed air, but I don't know how much or at what point do I measure the pressure. I am cuurently layed off from my job so I can't really afford a plumber. If you think you can help please post.

Thank you,

Gilbert

Sorry about the 2nd post. I am getting some kind of error message. Seems not to be my week(:

Comment

What error message did you get?

Comment

Gilber, sounds like your bladder tank ( what you are calling the holding tank) has a busted bladder. If you get water from the valve stem when trying to check the air pressure, then the bladder is busted and you need a new tank.

Lee

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lee

Gilber, sounds like your bladder tank ( what you are calling the holding tank) has a busted bladder. If you get water from the valve stem when trying to check the air pressure, then the bladder is busted and you need a new tank.

Lee

Comment

Working...
          X
          =