Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Pfister faucet woes

We have a Price Pfister Pfirst series kitchen pull out faucet. The water completely stopped all at once. Troubleshooting ruled out the sprayhead as a the problem since we took off the whole sprayhead and no water was even coming out of the hose. Price Pfister recommended blowing air into the cartridge for a temporary fix. When we removed the faucet handle that allowed just a very small stream of water but nothing more. Blowing into the cartridge did not help. We then replaced the cartridge which also had no effect. This faucet is about 1.5 years old and worked perfectly before it completely cut out on us. Help!

I had a similar problem with a Delta pull-out-head kitchen faucet. I determined that the blockage was in the end of the hose nearest the head, so I drilled out the inside of the hose, which cleared the blockage. However, when the faucet is used and then shut off, the water now takes forever to stop flowing. I have since found out that there is a low-pressure check valve inside the end of the hose to prevent that, which I destroyed. Try disconnecting the hose at both ends, and blowing it out from the head end.

Comment

I had a simular problem for a customer. I am not sure of the brand, but it was a single lever, pull out faucet. After working on the faucet many times and reassembling the problem was still there. I checked the pressure at the cut off valve and there was plenty. I then took the faucet body apart and ran a coat hanger through the faucet down through the connection tubes. I pushed out a small piece of valve washer and a piece of fine mesh screen. Where it can from I have no idea. But that was the problem. Good luck.

Comment

please go to this site. They have a whole mess of fixture stock codes with blown up diagrams on pull out faucets. Maybe you could spot yours off their stock code. From what I can see the same low pressure check valve is on most of them.
        PlumbingWarehouse.com - Price Pfister Parts & Diagrams Index

Comment

help is on the way !!!

Originally posted by michwjoe View Post
          We have a Price Pfister Pfirst series kitchen pull out faucet. The water completely stopped all at once. Troubleshooting ruled out the sprayhead as a the problem since we took off the whole sprayhead and no water was even coming out of the hose. Price Pfister recommended blowing air into the cartridge for a temporary fix. When we removed the faucet handle that allowed just a very small stream of water but nothing more. Blowing into the cartridge did not help. We then replaced the cartridge which also had no effect. This faucet is about 1.5 years old and worked perfectly before it completely cut out on us. Help!
          the problem is in the quick connector that attackes to the hose and the copper line of the faucet. the connector is also a check valve. you can buy it from pfister for around $14.00 if it is bad or you can remove it and clean out the dirt if it is just dirty. to remove you can see how to on utube. ecoon, PS it worked for me.

Comment

Working...
          X
          =