Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walk in tubs

Is there anyone out there that has one of these or has used one? The question I have is how well do they seal? Any issues of leaking with them? Thinking of getting one for our handicapped daughter and if anyone has pros or cons I would love to hear them.

I've seen a few installed for elderly folks, but the weak point in their design is the seal...which will eventually fail.

Personally, I'd install a curbless (roll-in) shower before installing one of these....

Comment

Originally posted by manhattan42 View Post
      I've seen a few installed for elderly folks, but the weak point in their design is the seal...which will eventually fail.

Personally, I'd install a curbless (roll-in) shower before installing one of these....
      Those tubs are fairly expensive too...

Personally if your daughter wants baths instead of showers I'd consider a tub lift...

Bath Lifts
      I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
      Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
      Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
      Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

bath lifts

Hi,

Bath lifts would definitely be the better solution.
        Most of the walkin tubs will leak at some point .

Comment

The seal is no problem completely, 10 years warranty.
          the seal is made of silicone .if the door is glass ,then the seal will be much better.
          check the information at triumphwalkinbathtubs.com or search " triumph walk in tubs" by google.

Comment

The design in those Triumph Tubs is not the one I'd go with if I was installing one. I'd get one where the door opens inward so the pressure of the water in the tub helps to hold the door closed.

I know that's not quite what the 1 time poster above that was trying to drop a link to a Chinese made tub on an old thread wanted to have right under their post, but it is what it is...

Last edited by Redwood; 11-19-2011, 10:32 AM.
            I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
            Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
            Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
            Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

My wife is pregnant and recently hurt her pelvis and has to use a walker. Sure could use a walk in tub about now....

Comment

Working...
              X
              =