Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice on Bath Repairs

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing some issues with my bath and could use some advice. Recently, I've noticed a small leak around the drain area, and there's also some discoloration on the enamel surface. I'm not sure if I should attempt to fix these problems myself or if it's better to call in a professional plumber.

Has anyone else experienced similar bath repair issues? What solutions did you find most effective? Any DIY tips or recommendations for reliable plumbers in the Portland area would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by kemiy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing some issues with my bath and could use some advice. Recently, I've noticed a small leak around the drain area, and there's also some discoloration on the enamel surface. I'm not sure if I should attempt to fix these problems myself or if it's better to call in a professional plumber.

Has anyone else experienced similar Superior Bath Repair issues? What solutions did you find most effective? Any DIY tips or recommendations for reliable plumbers in the Portland area would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your bath. Small leaks and enamel discoloration can indeed be a hassle, but with the right approach, you can tackle these issues effectively. Here's some advice on both fronts
      Fixing the Leak

Identify the Source

First, make sure the leak is indeed coming from the drain area. It could be the drain gasket or the seal around the drain itself. To confirm, you might want to fill the tub with a bit of water and see where the leak originates. DIY Repair

If you're comfortable with a bit of DIY, you can attempt the following:
      1. Drain Gasket: If the gasket is the issue, you can replace it relatively easily. Here's how:
        • Remove the Drain Cover: Use a screwdriver to take off the drain cover.
        • Remove the Old Gasket: You might need pliers to pull out the old gasket.
        • Clean the Area: Ensure the area is clean and dry before placing the new gasket.
        • Install the New Gasket: Place the new gasket and reattach the drain cover.
      2. Sealant: If the seal around the drain is leaking, you might need to apply new sealant.
        • Remove Old Sealant: Scrape away any old sealant around the drain.
        • Clean the Surface: Clean the area thoroughly and let it dry.
        • Apply New Sealant: Apply a waterproof sealant around the drain and let it cure as per the instructions.
      Addressing Enamel Discoloration

DIY Cleaning

Enamel discoloration can often be tackled with a thorough cleaning:
      • Baking Soda and Vinegar: Make a paste of baking soda and vinegar. Apply it to the discolored areas, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then scrub gently with a non-abrasive sponge.
      • Commercial Cleaners: There are also specialized enamel cleaners available at hardware stores.
      Repair Kits

For deeper discoloration or minor chips, enamel repair kits can be very effective:
      • Purchase a Kit: These are available online or at home improvement stores.
      • Follow Instructions: Each kit will have specific instructions, but generally, you'll clean the area, apply the enamel repair compound, and let it cure.
      ​This guide will help you. Waiting for your review after fixing the problem.
      Have a great day

Comment

Working...
      X