Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet runs every 20 minutes or so

I have a newer Kohler toiler with a Fluidmaster flusher. The toilet runs every 15 minutes or so because the level in the tank drops. I have tried cleaning the flapper and seat with a non-scratch scotch bright pad (common plumbing trick) to no avail. I also tried raising the foam float higher on the chain so it wasen't pulling up on the flapper so much and that didn't work and also resulted in a weaker flush due to the flapper closing right away. Any other ideas? Can I coat Vaseline on the flapper to help seal it or is that not a good idea? The toilet is probably only a year and half old and was not cheap.

Replace the flapper...
    I would suggest using a Korky # 16BP replacement flapper.

Do you use in tank bowl cleaners?
    I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Now I can Plumb!

For great information on the history of sanitary sewers including the use of Redwood Pipe
    Visit http://www.sewerhistory.org/
    Did you know some Redwood Pipe is still in service today.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwood View Post
      Replace the flapper...
      I would suggest using a Korky # 16BP replacement flapper.

Do you use in tank bowl cleaners?
      Bowl cleaners but never anything in the tank, I know those eat away at the rubber.

Comment

Or maybe it's rust from that old well of yours. The same rust that kept plugging up your constant pressure valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
          Or maybe it's rust from that old well of yours. The same rust that kept plugging up your constant pressure valve.
          My well is only for watering my lawn, supplies just 1 outdoor spigot. The house is on municipal and probably some of the best water in MSP.

Comment

I would replace the flapper valve. It is probably leaking even if it looks ok. I have to replace mine frequently; they are inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
            X
            =