Forum Top GA Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement wall paint

I need to know what kind of paint I should use on my basement walls. They have been painted with an oil based waterproofing paint many years ago. The walls are dry and the basement has a dehumidifer running all summer. I am remodeling part of the area and want to change the color with a new paint job. Any advice as to what kind of paint I should be using? I'd prefer a satin or semi-gloss finish.

I believe you want the product called DriLok, available at Menards and other home stores. It is especially made for masonary surfaces. Just follow the surface prep directions given with the product.

Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
    How to tape and finish dryall. Tutorials and videos for taping joints and drywall repair.
    Drywall Taping & Finishing For Beginners
    http://drywallinfo.com

Comment

I don't think I need another waterproofing paint, do they make a masonary paint to use over a waterproofing paint or can I use regular paint?

Comment

If you are content with the waterproofing side of things you can probably paint right over the old stuff. You might want to clean the old paint pretty vigorously and give it a coat of super primer though. Look for a primer that covers everything (oil acrilic etc..) The primer should allow you to switch away from oils if you want to.

LS

If you aren't good to yourself, who will be?

Comment

Working...
        X
        =